I've got a wonderful recipe you can make for your mom this Mother's Day!
Treat mom to a Mother's Day brunch of delectable sweet blueberries in a sauce drizzled over morsels of blueberry french toast. Delight her senses with plump blueberries complemented with a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg.
Overnight Blueberry French Toast Bake
- 1/2 loaf french bread, cut or torn into 1-inch cubes
- 6 oz cream cheese (about 3/4 of a pkg), cut into pea-sized pieces
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
Blueberry Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- Grease a 9"x13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place 1/2 of the cubed bread pieces in the dish and top with the cream cheese pieces.
- Spread 1 cup of blueberries evenly over the top of the cream cheese/ bread layer. Spread the remaining bread pieces on top.
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and maple syrup in a medium mixing bowl, whisking together to incorporate and then pour the mixture evenly over the top of the layered bread mixture.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, preheat the oven to 350F. Remove the dish from the fridge and unconver it, allowing it to set about 20 minutes before baking.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. The center should be firm and it should be lightly browned all over.
Blueberry Sauce Topping Preparation
Combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg and water in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, Bringing the mixture to a boil. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often until the mixture thickens then add the blueberries. Bring it back to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in the butter.
Serve hot over the top of the blueberry french toast.
For more wonderful Mother's Day Ideas visit Budget101.com