Cookbooks come in all sizes and colors, from hardback to paperback to Kindle editions, even on apps. But many of us still like to hold a “real” book in our hands or get into bed and read the latest cookbook. Many of us watch cooking television shows and buy the latest Rachel Ray, Bobby Flay or Guy Fieri books. Whatever your pleasure, here are some of the latest and best cookbooks published thus far in 2012. Enjoy!
1. 150 Best Cupcake Recipes by Julie HassonPaperback; this 216 page book comes to us from the author of 125 Best Cupcake Recipes, which has over 50,000 copies in print. You’ll find not only a new cover but also 25 vegan recipes and holiday themed decorating ideas.
2. 150 Best Indian, Thai, Vietnamese & More Slow Cooker Recipes by Sunil Vijayakar
Paperback, this 208 page book was written by a London-based cookbook author and food stylist who specializes in recipe development, packaging and editorial needs. You’ll find curry dishes to suit every palate, including Filipino Green Papaya Curry, Spiced Prawn & Pineapple Curry and Bangkok Sour Pork Curry.
3. Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking by Camilla V. SaulsburyPaperback; this 544 page book helps us aim for a varied and balanced diet using these 5 steps: choose healthy fats and proteins; fresh, whole foods; eat more whole grains; eat mostly vegetables and fruit-based foods and choose super foods or nutrient-dense foods.
4. A Carafe of Red by Gerald Asher
Paperback and Kindle Edition; this 296 page book is a collection of essays written by Asher over the last 30 years. Each one includes wine in some manner, as Asher is an accomplished storyteller.
5. FOOD & WINE Annual Cookbook 2012 from the editors of Food & Wine Magazine
Hardcover; this 408 page book offers an entire year of recipes from this popular magazine.
6. The Healthy Gluten-Free Life: 200 Delicious Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free and Egg-Free Recipes! by Tammy CredicottPaperback and Kindle Edition; this 432-page book is bean flour- free, dairy-free, white rice flour-free, egg-free, soy-free as well as being gluten-free.
7. Making Artisan Pasta: How to Make a World of Handmade Noodles, Stuffed Pasta, Dumplings, and More by Aliza GreenPaperback and Kindle Edition; this 176 page book showcases how to make pasta in your own kitchen with few ingredients and even fewer unique kitchen tools.
8. Offal: The Fifth Quarter by Anissa Helou
Hardcover; this 192 page book is an updated version of Helou’s first Offal book, with more colorful food photography. This enticing reference work, with its many recipes, concentrates on the internal organs and entrails of a butchered animal and is the only book currently in print on offals.
9. Simple Asian Meals: Irresistibly Satisfying and Healthy Dishes for the Busy Cook by Nina SimondsHardcover and Kindle Edition; this 256 page book is written by one of the country’s foremost authorities on Chinese cuisine. Simonds showcases over 100 Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese and Japanese recipes that use easily accessible ingredients.
10. The Vegetarian Kitchen Table Cookbook by Chef Igor Brotto & Chef Olivier Guiriec
Paperback; this 320 page book offers many recipes so that you can profit from the health benefits of a more vegetarian-based diet. The recipes in this book will appeal to vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike.
For more cookbook and recipe tips, please visit Sally's Place.