Grab a spoon and dig into this hearty chowder that’s ready in less than an hour. Sautéed Canadian bacon and onion lend delicious flavor to the diced potatoes and minced clams. Using cream starter guarantees a perfectly creamy chowder that’s simply irresistible!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 slices (1/2 of a 6-ounce package) Canadian bacon, diced (optional)
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 pound red potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 2 cans (6.5 ounces each ) minced canned clams, drained, reserving juice
- 1 carton (26.1 ounces) Swanson® Cream Starter Traditional or Swanson® Cream Starter 25% Reduced Fat
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the butter in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the bacon, if desired, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Stir the potatoes and reserved clam juice in the saucepan and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cream starter and clams. Season with salt and black pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the parsley.