There are a lot more ways to use coconut oil other than for cooking. The naturally antibacterial, anti-fungal oil works great for a variety of skin and beauty needs. It’s an amazing moisturizer and the scent will remind you of summertime.
For Your Face
- Makeup remover: Simply rub a little coconut oil on your skin using either your fingers or a cotton ball. Gently massage over the area and then clean with warm water and soap or a mild facial cleanser.
- Exfoliator: Heat up ¼ cup coconut oil in a pan so that it liquefies. Add equal parts brown or raw sugar. Gently rub over face and neck for a stimulating, all-natural exfoliator.
- Lip Balm: Keep a small container on you for instant chapped lip relief. The oil is perfect as a balm because it’s semi-solid in its unheated state. Just make sure you don’t keep it in your pocket!
On Your Body
- Moisturizer: Since I have mildly dry skin, I like to rub coconut oil over my whole body before showering in the winter. It helps keep my skin moisturized even after I’m out of the water – I don’t even have to put on extra lotion afterwards.
- Shaving cream: Simply rub on a small dab of the oil over your legs and shave. Make sure to rinse your blade after so the oil doesn’t degrade the metal.
- Hair Moisturizer: Put a tiny amount on dry ends after you wash your hair for a little help keeping in the moisture. The stuff can also help fight dandruff – work into your scalp about an hour before washing. Then wash and style as usual.
- Teeth Whitener: Mix a pinch of baking soda with the oil for a natural toothpaste.
- Beauty Tricks: Using a cotton swab, brush a tiny amount on your lashes for luxurious lengthening. Try rubbing a small amount over cheekbones for a radiant glow. When using coconut oil for skin and beauty needs, make sure to use only a tiny amount or you might end up looking greasy. A little dab will do the trick!
Recommended for you