Ditch the oily store-bought makeup remover and make your own at home!
Store-bought makeup remover can be expensive, too oily and you have no idea what the ingredients are! This non-oily homemade eye makeup remover is more effective at removing stubborn makeup than anything you''ll find in stories. It's easy enough to make with just three ingredients: water, tear-free baby shampoo and almond oil.
The tear-free baby shampoo is what washes away the makeup but since it’s tear-free, it won’t irritate your eyes. Plus, since it’s for babies, it will be gentle on your skin.
Almond oil has dozens of amazing skin benefits from moisturizing, eliminating darks circles to reducing the appearance of wrinkles!
When you combine all these into one solution, you get a sweet smelling and effective homemade makeup remover that removes even waterproof makeup. Great for home use or as a gift! Let’s get started!
What You’ll Need
- Plastic squeeze bottle
- 2 ounces of water
- ¼ teaspoon of tear-free baby shampoo. *You can use scented or non-scented, depending on your preferences and any brand will do!
- ¼ teaspoon of sweet almond oil. Almond oil contains protein, vitamin E and vitamin B to feed your skin! Plus, it helps remove makeup!
- Pour your water, tear-free baby shampoo and sweet almond oil into the plastic squeeze bottle.
- Make sure bottle is closed and shake well until solution is well mixed.
- Squeeze onto a tissue or cotton round and remove eye makeup or foundation.
- Make sure that every time you use your new homemade makeup remover you shake the solution before use to get the best results. You can use this solution to remove all makeup on your face. And since almond oil also serves as a protectant against the sun, you can feel confident when hitting the beach!
Photo Credit: April Schallau