Pawsilates: Use your fuzzy friend to get a good workout!
It’s easy to bond with your pet while snuggled up on the couch with a bag of chips, but why not engage your canine and work your waistline? Put down the munchies, grab your pet, and join in on this simple yet effective Pawsilates workout!
The Pawsilates Workout
- Grab your pooch, a ball and find an open space. You want to warm up your waistline before easing into the core workout. Stand over your pet with legs shoulder-width apart. Bounce the ball while rotating side-to-side, engaging your obliques and warming up your waistline.
- Don’t forget to engage your pet and keep them interested and involved! Next is the kneeling crossover. Get down on one knee and hold the ball out in front of you. Rotate side-to-side, keeping arms extended while squeezing the ball. This will work your waistline as well as your chest.
- Next, we are really going to tone the inner thighs and waistline. Sit beside your pet and place the ball in-between your knees. Gently hold on to the leash and lean down so your back is on the ground and then come back up. Keep your center tight and squeeze the ball between your legs to work those inner thighs. Most importantly, give your dog some love every time you roll up and don’t forget to breathe! Repeat 15-20 times.
- Keep the ball squeezed tightly between your legs and position yourself behind your pet. Lift your legs and tap your feet at each side of your furry friend. Make sure to lift those legs high enough so you don’t hurt them. You don’t want your workout buddy to leave you!
- For a more advanced version, place the ball in between your feet and squeeze tightly. Lean back to extend the spine. Tap feet on each side of your pet (like you did in the previous move.) Repeat 10-20 times.
Don’t worry if you need to take a break. Take a breather, give your pet some attention and get right back at it! This is a fun workout you can do right at home. The Pawsilates workout set can be purchased at AndreaMetcalf.com for $19.95 including a flat resistance band. Have fun!