Dressing For Summer - Great Looks For Plus Size Figures
Summer temperatures continue to rise leading many women toward summer dresses for comfortable style that beats the heat. Finding plus size summer dresses that look great on full figured women is easier than you think once you know what to look for. The best advice for women of any size - dress comfortable. Don't waste time and draw attention to your flaws by pulling, tugging, and adjusting dresses that are too short or too revealing for your comfort zone. Invest in plus size summer dresses in fabrics and styles that feel flattering and wearable to you and raise the eye upward to draw attention to your best assets through your bust line, neckline, and face.
The Best Styles & Cuts - Dresses That Flatter a Full Figured Shape
A well-built foundation is the best beginning for every project and the same is true for dressing plus size women. Your foundation garments - bras and panties - are most important for enhancing the assets of a plus size figure and reducing rolls and bulges so your dresses fit better. Structured, fitted undergarments, especially the correct size bra provides support, slenderizes your waist, and enhances your bust line; again, drawing attention to the assets of a full figure. Slimming panties control the contours of your body and create a leaner, well toned look, even under plus size summer dresses.
Great looking plus size summer dresses come in many styles and fashions and the best look comes from a dress that delicately suggests the curves of your body and camouflages flaws to make the most of your best features.
- A-line dress styles are the most flattering for every body type, especially plus size because they fit closer at the top with a gentle flare beginning above the natural waist line and skim over the hips leaving room to spare.
- Sexy slip dresses are very body conscious because they fall in a straight line from the shoulders but can minimize the hips in hide the waist.
- Halter dresses, with the right bra, lift the bust, elongate the torso, and accentuate the waist, creating a playful, flirty and suggestive silhouette. Great for a special date.
- Empire dress styles, especially those with a waistline that sits just below the bust will define the slimmest portion of your figure while creating an illusion of length and camouflaging flaws like a bottom-heavy figure or thick waist.
- Apron, or bib front sundresses are comfortable and fun because they show off your shoulders and provide coverage as they hide your belly. The length of these dresses varies from above the knee to the ankle for a cool and classy look.
The best summer dresses for plus size women have a stylish look and are made with light breathable material and soft floaty fabrics that can provide coverage and keep you cool in the summer heat. Look for dresses made with the following fabrics:
- Cotton Chintz
- Crepe de Chine
The prints and colors of summer clothes are brighter and more colorful than clothes in cooler seasons, but the best looks draw the eyes up to your face and away from problem areas. Pretty plus size summer dresses in large floral prints play up the beauty and femininity of women with romantic looks.
A good bet is to pair your summer dresses with a matching wrap that can save you from chilly nights and maintain a nice style with strapless and sleeveless dresses. Show off your legs with short or slitted skirts, a great way to enhance your assets. Dresses that are dark on the bottom and lighter at the top draws the eyes upward, making you appear slimmer. No matter the style or cut of the summer dresses you choose, always accessorize with earrings, headbands, or scarves that draw the eyes to your face and neckline area to play up your best assets.