Women wear many hats; We are wives, sisters, mothers, friends... the list goes on and on. We spend so much time being wives or mothers that we forget we are people. Instead, we often spend so much time taking care of others and we forget about taking care of ourselves. Yes, our families have needs. However, so do we. It's great to want to take care of everyone else, but we have to look after our own health, wellness, happiness, and confidence if we want to be at our best.
How to Be Happy, Confident, and Put Yourself First
However odd this might feel to us, sometimes we have to put ourselves first. It's important we take care of ourselves in order to take care of others. This is particularly important when we consider our health. As you start your day, here is Andrea Metcalf with a few encouraging words and suggestions on how to be confident putting yourself first.
Andrea's most important way to becoming healthier, happier, and more confident, and to start an exercise program. Every system in our body works better when one is physically fit. Therefore, this can lay a great foundation for other healthy living changes you make in your life. A good workout is also a great way to relieve excess stress and increase endorphins.
Additional Tips To a Happier and Healthier You
- Get a pedicure, manicure or facial with a girl friend.
- Get a massage or take a yoga class. Both of these are often offered at your local gym or YMCA.
- Go shopping, either with a friend or by yourself. Pledge to buy at least one item you want that's just for you. My mom would often come home from shopping with tons of stuff for us kids, but nothing for herself. Get something for yourself, even if it's just a lipstick.
- Take a long, hot bubble bath. If you're not into bubbles, bath salts and oils are also good.
- Relax with a good book or magazine.
Sometimes you just need to put yourself first. Make your own health-physical and mental-a priority. You're worth it.