Meet Christal Sczebel, a certified holistic nutritionist who loves to cook as well as her cat. She developed a great way to enjoy quinoa for more than just a side dish at dinner. Nutty Quinoa Porridge can be a basic breakfast, but enjoy it anytime. She created it to be Paleo-inspired meal, but it still has a grainy goodness.
Nutty Quinoa Porridge
- 1 cup cooked Alter Eco Organic Royal Black Quinoa (or any other variety of quinoa!)
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons natural almond butter
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey OR 10 drops liquid stevia
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup diced or slivered almonds
- ¼ cup toasted coconut flakes or shredded unsweetened coconut
- In a small pot over medium, heat the almond milk and almond butter, stir continuously until nut butter melts into the almond milk and becomes smooth. Stir in the sweetener of choice.
- Add in the cooked quinoa and stir for 3-4 minutes to incorporate with the almond milk mixture and heat through.
- Separate into 4 bowls and top with raspberries, almonds, and coconut.