Need ideas for side dishes?
First, please say you don’t thaw frozen vegetables in the microwave. My biggest advice, use fresh vegetables and roast them as a side dish. Still kind of boring, but still much better than the frozen stuff. So back to my point, I often make roasted vegetables because it’s simple, but sometimes I want MORE out of them and you should to!
Vegetables are kind of like chicken. They’re not so good plain, but once you jazz them up with seasonings and herbs, they are pretty darn good!
This recipe is kind of like that. I took cauliflower and jazzed it up with butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, pine nuts and then topped them with fresh basil. It looks like buttered popcorn, but it’s much better for you. Have at it!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts (or more if you would like)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Whisk olive oil, melted butter, black pepper, garlic powder and salt in a large bowl. Add cauliflower and gently toss.
- Dump the seasoned cauliflower onto the baking sheet and roast for 17 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle pine nuts on top. Place the pan back in the oven and roast an additional 8 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil.
For more of Jessica's recipes, visit stuckonsweet.com.
Photo Credit: Jessica Loizzo