Roasted grapes and creamy cheese combine with salad ingredients for a delicious one-dish summer meal. Serve your family a healthy, main-dish salad that will please sweet-loving children, and delight budding (and adult) gourmets. Sweet roasted grapes combine with creamy cheese, savory herbs, and fresh salad ingredients to create a one-dish meal that's heart-healthy and addictively delicious.
Why serve your family grapes as part of a meal? Besides being sweet and tasty, especially when roasted in the oven, this super-fruit is jam-packed with antioxidants that neutralize free radicals, promote good circulation and protect brain health. Talk about a win-win!
This summery roasted grape salad recipe gives your family all the goodness of grapes, in a deliciously new way. I like to serve this recipe as a main dish lunch salad with crusty bread on the side, but you could easily serve it as a side salad for dinner to accompany grilled meat, pasta, or other family-favorite meals.
This recipe serves four as a main dish lunch salad.
- 2 lb. cluster of purple grapes, removed from stems and washed
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh rosemary from two branches, removed from stems and snipped with kitchen scissors or chopped
- 1 Tablespoon red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 lb. feta cheese or goat cheese (whichever your family prefers), crumbled
- 6 cups loosely packed arugula or baby spinach leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
How to Make Grape Salad
- Pre-heat the oven to 375-degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, toss the grapes well with 2 Tablespoons of the olive oil, all the sea salt, and the snipped rosemary.
- Arrange the grapes in one level in a shallow baking dish, or use a rimmed baking tray.
- Roast in pre-heated oven for 45 minutes to an hour, or until the grapes are soft to the touch and just a bit shriveled. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Add the roasted grapes to a large salad bowl and toss well with the remaining Tablespoon of olive oil, the red wine vinegar, crumbled cheese, greens and walnuts (if using).
- Serve with crusty bread for a satisfying main-dish salad meal for lunch.
For more easy recipes, visit Myjellybean.com.