Roast extra poblano chilies and freeze the extra.
Who can pass up a good quesadilla? Not us! Check out this easy-enough Roasted Poblano Chicken Quesadilla recipe below!
- 2 medium poblano peppers
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Onion Salt
- 6 (8 to 10-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- Roast poblano peppers under the broiler, over a gas flame OR on the grill. Heat for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until surface skin on the peppers is blistered and charred. Using tongs, transfer peppers to a paper bag or a covered bowl and set aside until cool enough to handle. Rinse peppers under running water to remove stem, seeds, pith and all charred material. Pat dry and cut into 1-inch strips.
- Heat griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat OR place oven rack in upper third of oven and pre-heat broiler to 400ºF.
- Combine roasted poblano strips, cheese, chicken, cilantro and onion salt in a small bowl.
- Evenly divide the filling and spread over one half of each tortilla. Fold remaining half over to form a semi-circle.
- Lightly brush both sides of quesadillas with corn oil.
- Heat quesadillas for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until lightly browned and cheese is melted. (For broiler method, place quesadillas on a baking sheet and broil for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until lightly browned and cheese is melted.)
- Cut quesadillas into wedges and serve with salsa and sour cream, if desired.
- Recipe Tips: Filling can be refrigerated up to 2 days ahead. For convenience, use shredded rotisserie chicken.
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 15 minutes
Recommended for you