If you love cream of mushroom soup, this is a great savory take on it. The earthy delights of baby bella mushrooms make this classic a touch more rich and hearty. This recipe will certainly become a family wintertime favorite!
Savory Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons flour (separated)
- 2 cups Swanson Chicken Broth
- 1 cup light cream or 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cut the mushrooms into slices.
- Melt butter in large frying pan.
- Add in onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook until onions are soft.
- Blend in flour and stir.
- Add in the chicken broth and heat until slightly thickened while stirring frequently.
- Stir cream with additional flour and seasonings.
- Add in cream to soup.
- Heat to thicken while stirring frequently.