Looking for a new, easy dinner idea? This recipe for chickpea and rice soup is not only super simple, it’s healthy and easily comes together in 30 minutes. The soup is a great dinner idea for a cold winter night or any weekday. Double the recipe if you want leftovers for lunch!
Chickpea and Rice Soup Recipe
- 5 whole garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp. dried or fresh rosemary
- 1 cup canned plum tomatoes, cut with their juices
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Saute garlic in the 1 tbsp. of olive oil on low heat.
2. Add rosemary and tomatoes. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add chickpeas, broth, salt and pepper – stir well.
4. Add rice and let simmer uncovered for 10-12 minutes or until rice is cooked. Add remaining olive oil and serve immediately.
Photo Credit: Kerry Cardoza