Since green smoothies have become all the rage, who is to say the same trend can't be translated to cocktails? We are always looking for new ways to incorporate fruits or vegetables into my cocktails to add flavor and a few vitamins without a lot of calories or sugar. This bright green summer sipper includes refreshing cucumber paired with fresh mint leaves and ginger. Since the flavors come from such simple ingredients, this cocktail has only 150 kcals per serving and less than 2 grams of sugar!
Skinny Cucumber Mint Cocktail
(Makes 2 Servings)
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 4 ounces gin
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 lime, juiced (~1 tablespoon juice)
- 1 inch fresh, peeled ginger root
- Sparkling water
- Add the cucumber, mint, lime, and ginger root to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Transfer pureed cucumber mixture into a cheesecloth, nut milk bag or coffee filter over a bowl. Squeeze mixture, catching the juice in a bowl.
- Divide ice and gin equally between two glasses.
- Divide cucumber mint juice evenly between two glasses.
- Top with sparkling water and serve.