The beauty of a slow cooker that it makes a lot of food and you can forget about it for several hours while it cooks. Chili is a great comfort food that works for a big party or as meals to freeze and take for lunch.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add onion and cook until the onions start to become translucent.
- Add the ground beef, then the Italian sausage, and cook until meat is brown.
- Remove meat and onion from heat and add to slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir and add the lid.
- Cook on low heat for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
See More Recipes in the 21 Day Challenge!