Apple cider is a staple for fall and Thanksgiving but add a little cherry and cinnamon to the mix and you have the perfect hot drink to enjoy all winter and into Christmas! You can easily make this frugal cherry cider drink using your slow cooker, which means it’s perfect for parties! Simply add your ingredients and cook for four hours and enjoy when your guests arrive! Your slow cooker will be a lifesaver this holiday season!
- 1 gallon of apple cider
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 packages of cherry gelatin (3 ounces each)
- Pour your apple cider into your slow cooker and toss in your cinnamon sticks.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Mix in the cherry gelatin and continue to cook covered on high for another hour.
- Before serving, discard the cinnamon sticks and ladle into mugs or clear goblets.
- Pour the rest into a container and store in the fridge. It’s also delish cold with a few ice cubes!
You can easily cut this recipe in half if you don’t have a large enough slow cooker or a small number of guests. If you’re feeling adventurous, turn it into a grown-up drink with a little alcohol!
Photo Credit: April Schallau