This slow-cooked version of a traditional New Orleans-style dish features chicken, kielbasa and shrimp in a bed of rice that's been seasoned with Creole seasoning, green pepper, celery and diced tomato.
Watch our video below to learn how to make at home!
- 3 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Chicken Stock
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 stalks celery, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 can (about 14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 pound kielbasa, diced (about 3 cups)
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into cubes
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Stir the broth, Creole seasoning, green pepper, onion, garlic, black pepper, celery, tomatoes, kielbasa, chicken and rice in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the shrimp to the cooker. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through.
Time-Saving Tip: This recipe may also be cooked on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.