Experience the tangy goodness of this pork recipe, perfect for the whole family!
Slowcookers are a lifesaver if you work and have to take care of a family full time. It’s never been simpler to just throw in some ingredients in the morning and forget about it until the end of the day. This slow cooker smoky saucy pork chops recipe is perfect for those weeknight evenings where your family is famished but you don’t have time to prepare a whole meal from scratch. With just a few ingredients, you’ll have a tangy pork dinner that’s saucy and easy!
- 4 pork loin chops (can use bone-in or boneless)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups ketchup
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke. This is optional but I totally advise you to use it - it’s the heart of the meal!
- Side of potatoes or veggies
- Sprinkle pork chops with garlic powder, salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a large skillet, pour in your canola oil and place all four chops on top.
- Brown both sides of chops.
- While chops are browning, combine your ketchup, liquid smoke and brown sugar into a small bowl and mix.
- Pour half of that mixture into your slowcooker.
- When chops are slightly browned on each side, place them into your slow cooker.
- Pour the remaining sauce mixture on top of pork and make sure to cover the chops completely.
- Set your slow cooker to low and cook for 4 1/4 to 5 1/4 hours.
This dish perfectly with potatoes or veggies. Try broccoli with melted cheddar! Make it even easier and buy frozen cheddar cheese broccoli. You just steam it in the microwave for a few minutes. How easy was this meal?
Photo Credit: April Schallau