Autumn is certainly in the air and instead of the usual Pumpkin Spice whatever, make a sparkling autumn punch that you can just enjoy at home curled up on the couch or serve at Thanksgiving! It combines all the wonderful tastes and smells of autumn - crisp apple cider, cinnamon, sweet maple and tart cranberries - all in one glass.
- ½ gallon of apple cider
- 1 cup of cranberry pomegranate juice
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 orange, sliced
- A splash of pure maple
- ¼ cup or more depending on desired taste of brown sugar
- A splash of vanilla extract
- 2 liter of ginger ale
- Over medium heat, combine apple cider, cranberry pomegranate juice, cinnamon sticks, cloves, pure maple, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Stir until well combined and simmer over low-medium heat for about an hour. We promise your house will smell like fall!
- Turn off heat and let slightly cool.
- Strain the mixture.
- Pour into a pitcher and place in the fridge overnight to chill.
- The next day, when you are ready to serve, slice up your orange and fill glasses with orange slices and ice.
- Next, pour in half a glass full of the punch and the rest of the way pour in your ginger ale. Slightly stir and enjoy!
If you have leftover punch, just store in the fridge! Garnish with extra slices of orange or a couple cinnamon sticks!