Irish-up your breakfast, lunch and dinner with these three St. Patty’s Day recipes for kids. These Irish recipes are so easy that your kids could even help you create them! These St. Patrick’s Day recipes will not only be loved by your kids but you and your spouse will love them too! There is no better way to say Happy St. Patrick’s Day than with these Irish recipes that are simple everyday recipes but with an Irish twist!
Either make the pancakes from scratch or from a box. The secret, well, not really a secret, is to add some drops of green food coloring. If you plan to make them from scratch, here is a basic green pancake recipe.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Green food coloring
- In a bowl, mix the ingredients together. If the mix looks a little thick, feel free to add in some more milk.
- Then, squeeze in some green food coloring and mix. Add as many drops as you want depending on what color green you’re looking for.
- Heat a griddle to medium heat and start to pour the mixture onto the griddle; make the pancakes as big or as small as you’d like.
- When the pancakes start to get bubbly and dry around the edges, flip.
Here is a simple way to incorporate that Irish spirit because what kid doesn’t enjoy a good sandwich!?
- Rye bread (number of slices depends on how many people you plan to serve but this recipes requires 12 slices)
- 6 tablespoons of Thousand Island dressing
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 can of drained sauerkraut (for the kids’ sandwiches, you could leave this out)
- ¾ pound of thinly sliced corned beef, cooked
- Spread the dressing on the inside slices of the bread and lay down the cheese, sauerkraut and corned beef and top with other slice of bread to make a sandwich.
- Spread some butter on the outside of the slices of bread and place in skillet.
- Cook over low heat or about 10 minutes or until browned and flip.
- Sandwiches are ready when bread is browned and cheese is melted.
Clover Shaped Cookies
Everybody loves cookies, no matter what shape or flavor! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Clover shaped cookie cutter
- Sugar cookie dough or homemade cookie dough
- Green frosting, green sprinkles
- Flatten out the cookie dough and cut using the cookie cutter into as many clover shaped cookies as possible.
- Lay cookies on cookie sheet and bake according to directions, usually about 8 minutes.
- After they have cooled completely, decorate with the frosting and sprinkles.