Get the energy and protein you need to start your day!
Even though breakfast is the most important meal of the day, for many, it’s the one that is skipped most. Mornings are hectic, especially as a mom. There's getting ready yourself and then our kids, plus worrying about everyone getting in a balanced breakfast. You may even find yourself focusing more on your kid’s breakfast than your own!
This breakfast smoothie is naturally packed with energy and protein to keep you full and healthy! If you’re on a diet and trying to shed a few pounds, smoothies make a great meal replacement! What’s your favorite type of morning smoothie?
- 1 container of your favorite fat-free vanilla yogurt or Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup of skim milk
- Optional: scoop of protein
- 1 cup of fresh washed or frozen strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup fresh washed or frozen blueberries
- Handful of ice cubes
- Add yogurt, ice, milk, protein, fruit and ice cubs and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a to-go cup and have your breakfast during your morning commute! Breakfast has never been this fast!
Strawberries provide natural energy with their sugar levels and their vitamin C and fiber helps you to keep mental clarity throughout the busy workday. Strawberries also aid your body in burning off stored fats.
Blueberries provide your body with a high amount of water to keep you hydrated and their good carbs naturally give you energy. Mix all that with your protein and milk, packed with vitamins and minerals but very little fat, and you have a morning power smoothie capable of getting you through any day!
Photo Credit: April Schallau