I’m sure most of us can relate to having migraines. Whether that’s from stress, some illness, or because we’ve had a little bit too much to drink the night before and wake up with a hangover, we all have experienced one of these types of head-throbbing pain.
Luckily, I’ve found a way to help get rid of migraines and hangovers with a little yoga posing. Yoga is great for relaxing your body, getting rid of aches and pains, and keeping your mind calm.
Put on some calming music, volume low, while you do this exercise. It will help you to relax and do the following exercise.
The Yoga Pose To Get Rid Of Headaches
- Stand up straight and and position your feet so they are as wide as your hips.
- Fold your body forward at your hips into a forward fold. (Uttanasana)
- Allow your chin to drop inwards toward your chest.
- If your hamstrings are too tight, bend your knees.
- Hold on to your opposite elbows and let your head dangle through your arms.
- Stay in this position for about 2 minutes (it may be uncomfortable at first, but try to stick with it!)
- Slowly release your arms and roll up to standing one vertebrae at a time. Let your head be the last thing that comes up.
You should feel a huge release in your shoulders and head and your migraine or hangover will be cured!
This position works because it not only allows all of the weight to be lifted off of your shoulders and your head, but it also allows all of the blood to rush to your head. This position massages your liver and kidneys and completely relaxes your neck.
Get Steph’s free confidence and wellness guide and sign up for her free challenges here: StepItUpwithSteph.com