One of the easiest ways to get in shape for summer is also pretty delicious. Ditch the sugary drinks and fill your glass with green tea. Whether you enjoy it served hot on a winter day, or cold while lounging pool side, green tea has a ton of health benefits.
Top 7 Health Benefits of Drinking Green Tea
- Reduces risk of cancer: Green tea is an excellent source of antioxidants that are powerful enough to reduce your risk of breast and prostate cancer, as well as other types of cancer.
- Helps you lose weight: Green tea increases your metabolism, which allows you to lose more weight. The polyphenol found in green tea works to intensify the levels of fat oxidation. Drink a cup every morning to boost your body’s fat burn throughout the day.
- Lowers blood pressure: Studies have proven that regular consumption of green tea can help lower blood pressure, which decreases your chances of many related health diseases.
- Eliminates bacteria in the mouth: Catechin is an antioxidant found in green tea and it’s been shown to destroy bacteria and viruses that causes infections in the throat and mouth. It also helps improve bad breath.
- Makes you happier: Green tea has a relaxing and tranquilizing effect because it contains theanine- an amino acid found in tea leaves that can actually lower the effects of depression.
- Improves your skin: It can help reduce the signs of aging such as diminishing the look of wrinkles. Green tea has a ton of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Improves your immune system: Green tea can boost your immunity to the flu and the common cold.