Read all about where USA Men’s Soccer Team will be sending a majority of their summer!
This year, the FIFA World Cup is being held in the 5th most populated country in the entire world, located in South America. Along with the incredible food, culture and unstoppable soccer team, Brazil is a place full of history.
- The Christ Redeemer statue, located in Rio De Janeiro, is one of the seven wonders of the world.
- Brazil has 25% of the world’s rainforests, and 60% of those amongst the Amazon rain forests.
- Brazil has the highest number of original species amongst numerous types of animals and plants, and the most number of monkey species in the world.
- Brazil is known for having the best coffee, along with other exports including soybeans, rice, citrus, wheat, cocoa, sugarcane and beef.
- Brazil has annual economic growth rate of 5%, and has one of the fastest frowing economies.
- The official Brazilian language is Portuguese. “Carnival” is a colorful holiday held in February before the start of Lent, and people travel from around the world to attend and experience the local food, dancing and culture.
- More than 198 million people live in Brazil, and 2.48 million live in the capital.
- The construction of Brasília, the capital of Brazil, was inspired by an airplane’s design.
- Numerous people from Japan moved to Brazil in the early 20th century, and now Brazil has an Asian population of one million.
Recommended for you