Feel like you're in the Italian Countryside with this hearty soup. Chef Marcus Ford recommends garnishing this Tuscan White Bean soup with freshly-grated Parmesan cheese for a dish that's straight out of an Italian market.
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/2 pound Italian-style chicken sausage or Italian-style turkey sausage, casing removed
• 1 extra large onion, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
• 1/2 cup dry white wine
• 1 carton (32 ounces) Swanson® Tuscan Chicken Flavor Infused Broth
• 20 ounces kale (about 1 bunch), cut into thin strips (about 6 cups)
• 1 can (about 15 ounces) canned white cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
• 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat the oil in a 6-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
- Add the onion to the saucepot and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the wine to the saucepot and heat to a boil, stirring to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the saucepot. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the broth and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Stir in the kale and beans. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the kale is tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with the parsley and cheese, if desired.