How often do we see a 20-year-old make it to the World Cup final?
Not many, but Jozy Altidore has been tearing up the field since he was signed for the New York Red Bulls in 2016. Although he plays for many club teams in Europe during the season, he still plays for the United States World Cup team for international games, and will be playing in the 2014 World Cup.
Place of Birth: Newark
History in the World Cup:
- World Cup Final 2010
- U-20 World Cup Final 2007
- U-17 World Cup Final 2005
- Confederations Cup 2009
- Olympic Football Tournament Final 2008
- World Cup Qualifier 2010, 2014
- Signed to play for the New York Red Bulls at age 16.
- Transfered to Villarreal in 2008.
- Decided to play in soccer clubs in Europe, transfered to Spanish Segunda Divisón club Xerez in 2009.
- Switched to Sunderland in the English Association football club in 2013.
Skill to watch for: Scored 24 goals in the 2013 season, one of the top scorers on the US World Cup team.
What other US World Cup players are you excited to watch?
Photo Credit: PR Photos