Landon Donovan knew what he was doing at a young age in the soccer world...
He didn't wait around after being signed at a young age to play with a club soccer team in Germany. Since then his presence has grazed numerous fields, many teams, and has been a part of many significant national and international games. Landon is one to watch for in the United States World Cup team and will hopefully pull a few of those significant goals during the 2014 World Cup!
Place of Birth: Ontario, CA
History in the World Cup:
- World Cup Final 2002, 2006, 2010
- U-20 World Cup Final 2001
- U-17 World Cup Final 1999
- Confederations Cup 2003, 2009
- Olympic Football Team Final 2000
- World Cup Qualifier 2002, 2006, 2010, 2014
- Youngest to sign with a foreign club, signed with Germany in February of 1999 at age 16.
- Moved back to the United States to play with the San Jose Earthquakes for the 2001 season.
- Soon picked up by the Los Angeles Galaxy to play in the MLS.
Skill to watch for: Known for scoring significant goals, sometimes defining game outcomes.
What other U.S. World Cup players are you excited to watch?
Update: Donovan Not On Team USA
Team USA revealed that Donovan was released from the team before the start of the 2014 World Cup. Read about it here.
Photo Credit: PR Photos