You might be asking yourself, "Vegan popcorn, huh?!" I did too. We always take the easy way out by providing chips and salsa, microwave popcorn or pretzels and hummus. But, even a "cool flavor" of salsa, like pineapple or mango, can get a little boring.
Surprise guests at your next party with this creative vegan popcorn recipe! This is a great way to switch up appetizers or snacks at any get-together. It'll put everyone outside their comfort zone and leave them satisfied!
Our very own Andrea Metcalf joined Karen Calabrese, author of "Soak Your Nuts" to see what this vegan party popcorn is all about.
Vegan Popcorn Ingredients
- Olive oil - The better the quality, the better tasting the popcorn will be. Calabrese recommends using Carothers' Olive Oil.
- Popcorn kernels - Just like the olive oil, if you invest in better kernels, the flavor will be much more vibrant.
- Himalayan salt - It's natural salt, therefore, it's like taking a mineral pill. It's a much healthier alternative than just regular kitchen salt.
- Spirulina (dried) - It's a green "superfood" and Calabrese is a big fan of.
- Seaweed (dried) - Contains B Vitamins that are great for you.
Vegan Popcorn Directions
- Heat olive oil in a popcorn pot and get it to a pretty hot temperature. Add the kernels to the pot.
- Pop the popcorn until ready to serve.
- Put popcorn in a bowl and sdd Himalayan salt to taste, Spirulina on one half of the popcorn bowl, and seaweed to the other half.
This is a great vegan snack because it contains no meat, fish, chicken or dairy! If you're even thinking about going vegan, this is a perfect snack to try.