Most people pull out all the stops for Christmas cooking. And what starts a party or meal off better than a fun appetizer?
This Vegetable Christmas Tree Dip appetizer certainly fits the bill. I have made this dip recipe every year and it always gets raves. It is simple to make, appropriate for the holidays, and your guests will think you’ve gone to a lot of trouble for them. And this is one Christmas tree that your guests will enjoy un-decorating.
Recipe for Vegetable Christmas Tree Dip
- 5-6 cups sour cream base dip (blue cheese, onion, ranch, etc.)
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 large stalk broccoli
- 1 large base from broccoli stalk
- 10 cherry tomatoes
*Use a 9’ x 13’ x 2’ container, such as Pyrex, or something fancier as this will be your serving container.
- Cut cauliflower in small flowerets and broccoli into short tops.
- Clean stalk and tomatoes.
- Fill container 1’ high with the sour cream dip. Whether you use 5 or 6 cups of dip depends on the size of your serving container.
- Place cauliflower in the shape of a Christmas tree, covering part of the dip. Arrange broccoli interspersed amongst the cauliflower, again, keeping the shape of a Christmas tree. Place cherry tomatoes up and down the tree, as if they are ornaments. Place one large cleaned broccoli stalk at the bottom of the tree.
For recipes and food tips from Sally, check out Sally's Place.