What kind of water are you drinking?
Considering that water makes up more than half of an individual’s body weight, it is imperative that people make sure that they stay properly hydrated at all times. Every cell, tissue, and organ that makes up the body needs water to function.
On average, an individual should consume eight 8 oz glasses of water per day, but new research shows that perhaps individuals should drink even more than this recommendation. Despite all of these advantages, Americans still do not seem to drink enough water. Manufacturers are jumping on the hydration train to help with more functional waters that grab a consumers' attention.
New "Water" on the Market
1 Essentia Water
This “functional” water is specially processed to hydrate the body more efficiently. Essentia Super Hydrating Water, for example, is infused with electrolytes to keep individuals’ energy levels up. According to their packaging and website, Essentia provides optimum, fast hydration and is one of the top 10 fastest growing brands on the grocery market. It comes smartly packaged in 33.8 oz BPA-free plastic bottles. Essentia has a pH level of 9.5 that is achieved by a proprietary process, whereby acidic ions are removed while alkaline earth minerals are increased, offering better permeation and faster hydration.
- Tastes the same as regular water
- It is an alkaline water that neutralizes the body’s pH levels
- Balances the acidic products ingested throughout the day
- Fights the loss of bone density and muscle strength due to acidic body state
- Increases kidney function and aids in weight loss
- Relieves mild symptoms of digestive upset
- Boosts calcium levels and vitamin absorption
2. Xenergy + Hydration
“Xenergy+ Hydration” is the first energy drink created by nutrition company XYIENCE - consider it in the water family because XYIENCE Energy is a sugar-free, zero-calorie energy beverage that is a great alternative to high-calorie, high-sugar drinks.
- Electrolytes to restore the body’s fluids
- B-vitamin fortified that fights fatigue by breaking down and converting carbohydrates, fats and proteins into energy
- Non-carbonated, caffeine-free, sugar free and zero-calorie beverage
3. Neuro Daily
“Neuro” is a line of great tasting drinks to enhance your daily life, aiming to provide consumers with a drink for their every need.
- Aims to support a healthy immune system
- Provide an excellent source of Vitamin D
- A good source of Zinc and Selenium
Pulse beverages are nutritional supplements made with the slogan “nutrition made simple” in mind. The brand aims to offer “a healthy elixir” that is perfect for any time of the year.
- One 16 oz bottle per day, divided into two 69-calorie servings
- Contains 15 percent juice and has filtered water as its number one ingredient
- Promote cardiovascular health and help maintain cholesterol and blood sugar levels
- Enhance mental clarity and focus
- Support a healthy immune system
Just when you thought water would forever stay the same, something new came out.
For more from Andrea, check out her website.