Eyeliner is a beauty staple that can make a look, and it enhances eye shadow of any color. Typically brown or black eyeliner is used by a lot of women for a regular makeup look, but what about eyeliner in color?
It’s a tricky beauty trend often seen on the runway but not in the grocery store or to a local club. With these five simple tips, you can pull off bold eyeliner colors too!
How to Wear Bold Colorful Eyeliner
- Pair it with a nude or bright coral or pink lip: The neutral tones on your face will help pull the bold colors you choose for your eyeliner, and will be noticeable from a distance away.
- Keep your blush natural and soft: If your blush is a bolder brighter color, the colors will compete on your face and may be too much for a natural every day look. Unless you're wearing makeup for a costume or themed party, keep the blush simple so your colored eye liner can continue to pop.
- In the day, apply a thin line and at night apply thicker lines: If your day is full of work, and night full of party, have your eyes match the mood!
- At night, layer black liner with a colored liner: Night time color liner works well with a black liner and layered with colored and shimmering liner just above the line. It will help pop out that color you want when put right next to the darker liner.
- Try copper, bronze, or gold: If bold colors like blue, purple or green are too intimidating, try something shimmery! Gold goes well with almost any outfit, and you can match it with some fun jewelry.
What other tips to wearing bold eyeliner do you have and would like to share?