The 1, 2, 3s of BB cream.
BB cream has been on the market for a while now but just in case you haven’t gotten aboard this beauty train, here are the need-to-knows about the beauty stand-alone cream you have got to get.
What is BB Cream?
- BB stands for beauty balm, blemish balm, and blemish base depending who you talk to but there are a few things about it that are for sure.
- BB cream is the next best thing to foundation. It is a hydrating solution that can be used as tinted primer which conceals and protects the skin.
- BB Cream is very smooth. Think of creamed butter. It is lighter than foundation and is a great product to use on dehydrated skin. And, a little goes a long way.
How to Use BB Cream?
- It works as a concealer hiding any imperfections you want to hide.
- Because it is so light, is tinted, and provides natural coverage as opposed to total coverage, it is the perfect primer. So if you want more coverage, top it off with your fav foundation. You can even mix the two together if you want that in between coverage and type of face cream.
- BBs are also great because they contain SPF (sun protection factor) which protects against the sun and other outside elements that can be damaging to the skin.
Is BB Cream and CC Cream the same?
- No. BB cream is CC cream’s sister. The two are related but are not the same. CC cream is newer. CC Cream stands for color correcting, color control or color care.
- Just as it sounds, CCs address and cover up color issues such as redness and uneven tone.
- While CC cream hydrates and contains SPF, it is mainly used to prime the skin. It is very fluffy and usually light in color.
- It provides extremely light and natural coverage and can be used alone, but is not usually.
Now, you know what is BB cream, how to use BB cream, and the difference between BB and CC cream. The best way to get familiar with these creams is to get them. BB creams are great to use from summer to winter and CC creams will make a great surface for makeup.