If there was a cookie for Christmas, it definitely would be this one.
White chocolate, although eaten at any time of the year, is mostly found during the holiday season. There are so many uses and foods for white chocolate that the confectionery ingredient can be used in all of your holiday recipes. Try making a batch of white chocolate cherry shortbread cookies this holiday. Here’s the recipe for white chocolate cherry shortbread cookies.
White Chocolate & Cherry Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup of maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of butter (cold)
- 12 oz. of white chocolate or white almond bark
- 1/2 tsp. of almond extract
- 2 tsp. of shortening
- Edible red glitter
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees.
- Place cherries on paper towels. It will absorb the moisture from the cherries.
- Chop cherries fine.
- Combine sugar and flour in a bowl.
- In a pastry blender, cut in butter.
- Stir in cherries and 2/3 cup of white chocolate.
- Stir in almond extract.
- Knead mixture into a ball.
- Roll mixture into 3/4 in. balls.
- Place on a non-greased cookie sheet.
- Dip the bottom of a glass in sugar. Then use the galls to flatten balls to smaller balls.
- Bake in oven for 12 minutes.
- Let cool.
Chocolate Coating Directions
- Combine and melt 1 cup white chocolate and shortening in a saucepan.
- Dip half of each cookie into melted chocolate.
- Roll dipped edge in edible glitter.
- Let cookies cool.
You can layer these cookies between waxed paper and place in an airtight container for a few days or freeze to store for a longer time. Enjoy!